Sunday, March 14, 2010

How to make my room kickass with DIY projects and how to deal with ugly walls/carpets(I just got them)?

The walls and carpet thing was not my fault. I knew what I wanted but my dad said that I might think it was stupid in about a year. The walls are beige and the floor is green, I have matching bedding- it's kind of a cabana thing going on, I even have a bamboo curtain for my window that i'm going to put up. How do I make my room awesome? I have a lot of different tastes, I kind of want a gothic looking canopy from Hot Topic and I kind of want these hanging light things that are white flowers that light up. I definitley will put pictures up and maybe I could do something to the floor to hide it? Please help, I dont have much money but a birthday coming up and I really want a room that says me better. Im an 18 year old girl.

How to make my room kickass with DIY projects and how to deal with ugly walls/carpets(I just got them)?
Your dad is right. Wait 'till you get your own place to redo the walls and


carpet. For now, get some cheap throw rugs to cover the carpet and


posters or other material to pin to the walls. You can be creative without


having a lot of money.
Reply:If you're looking for an exotic type of theme for your room, the best place to go is Cost Plus World Market if you don't have a lot of money. The green and beige thing is fine if you go with a palm tree/bamboo type of decor.





I also would look at Target! They've got a lot of things that have an exotic flair to them.





Some do it yourself projects you could partake in are gel candle making (you can color the gel and put objjects such as shells in them - get the glassware at the dollar store), use photographs from vacations and decorate dollar store frames with paint, shells, etc., and look on ebay for anything that's funky. You can get a lot of cool stuff on Ebay for a song!





And, I hate to tell you this but a "gothic looking canopy" from Hot Topic isn't going to match bamboo looking stuff!





Go to the fabric store instead and find some sheers that match your bedding and get a ring and make one yourself!!! You can probably find the ring on Ebay!





Another great idea if you're going with the exotic look is to find some tribal masks (Cost Plus, Ebay and African art fairs) and put them up!





I have two themed rooms in my house. One is Jimmy Buffet/Margaritaville looking and the other is African. Most of the stuff I got was from a variety of places but art fairs, Ebay, Cost Plus, Target and garage sales are the best!





Good Luck!



super nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment