Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting out of lease with large rental company?

I've lived at my new apt for a month %26amp; I signed that was all was okay on that check list you go through when you first move in. Within a week I noticed if my sliding doors are opened you can smell urine throughout the apartment. Then my cat came out of the bathroom with a non-used (thank God) tampon in her mouth, not mine. She pulled it from the wall behind the sink, where I discovered the boarding was not only not nailed up but garbage has been stuffed in there.


Since it is a large rental company (Homestead) the superintendents, whom I am told change about every 6 months, have thier hands tied as to what they can do. A carpet cleaner they sent said it was human urine and put some deoderizer on it. seemed fine at first but once open my sliding doors, it can be smelled throughout again. Close up it now smells like urine and flowers. I am still waiting the other repair %26amp; they said they don't know if they can fix the rug for me. How can I get out this lease?

Getting out of lease with large rental company?
you first need to talk to them and explain that the apt you signed a lease for has problems that you were nto aware of and with that in mind you would like to be let out of your lease seeing how they are in no hurry to correct the problems..if they dont let you out then i would write a very detailed letter to your local attorney general..they will then help you follow up with them and they will become a middle man to have the problems corrected or make them let you out of your lease...good look and be patient..it may take some time but then you will be sure the lease company cannot come back after you for any money from the lease.



affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment