Saturday, October 24, 2009

I've got an Idea I need help with..for anyone who draws/artists...?

I want me to be drawn as a fairy. I've tried, but i can behonest and say I was not blessed with the abiltiy to draw a face, or stick figure to be honest.. i draw/paint but for me its just the fun of it, but I really want me as a pixie/fae/fairy ya know? a lil princessy type one with flowers and what not. I like those types that are like drawn out thren colored in the computer, how bright and bold they are..my fave colors are black, pink and white..its for no particular reason other than I'd frame it on the wall and say thats me if i were born a fairy lol... if you can help me out, PM me, let me know what ya kind of pix ands stuff u need ...TYSVM!!

I've got an Idea I need help with..for anyone who draws/artists...?
There seems to be no takers, so here is a suggestion. I hope you have PhotoShop or a similar program. Go to a site that has free pics or cartoons. Find several non-copyright exclusive graphics and copy them to your computer in a file for the express use of your Photoshop program. Then copy several headshots of you with various expressions ( or take a bunch of digital photos of your face) and place them in the same file. Give each clip a good descriptive name so you can keep track of them.





Open your graphics program and proceed to cut and paste your head to the various fairies. You can distort them or make them cartoon-like, whatever your graphics program can do. Change colors, etc. Have a ball.





This way you can decide how you want to portray your Fairie Self and not have to settle for what another person thinks your Fairie Self should be.





If you think they are charming and good enough, you can print them, mat them and put them on your wall (or where ever). So many more choices. Good Luck!
Reply:What a neat idea....to identify with a "fairy"....I like them too....


Have you thought about putting the word FAIRY...in the browser and then seeing what is on the Internet.





It would be so cool to read all you can about them first.





Sometimes when you read about a subject it opens the doors and floods your mind with all kinds of things you never knew before.





If I were going to draw or paint something about fairies I'd use the most thin line.....because it makes the fairy appear "light to fly"....and not heavy...that would fall to the earth.





When you go shopping check out the "greeting card" section. Many times there are fairies featured especially on young girl's cards. You might pick up some ideas there too.





Best of luck with your fairy adventure....the more you work at it painting and painting ....you will improve and improve...that is what most artists do, they don't stop with one idea they experiment using different ideas, brushes and paints..all of this is a learning experience and a wonderful way to express yourself.





Mama Jazzy Geri



finance

No comments:

Post a Comment