Saturday, October 24, 2009

Very opinionated guy, how do I voice it without ending up arguing?

It seems like every time I have an issue/opinion about anything the slightest bit controversial in me and my girlfriends relationship, I end up getting screamed at and then ignored the entire following day. Me and my girlfriend have a great sex life, and get along spectacularly until a problem comes along. She hears nothing I say. She simply props up an impenetrable defensive wall, accuses me of completely ruining her day for starting an argument and shuts off entirely. Anything said by her afterwards is usually an attack on me as opposed to anything productive. I feel like to avoid an argument I have to simply keep my mouth shut about my opinions. What the hell is going on here? My ex-girlfriend hated going to bed arguing... this girl seems to prefer it. I don't think keeping my opinion about anything but flowers and rainbows to myself is healthy. Am I wrong? Am I too negative? How can I make our arguments actually go somewhere with her kind of personality?

Very opinionated guy, how do I voice it without ending up arguing?
Some people thrive on drama %26amp; almost seem to enjoy arguments. It sounds like your girlfriend prefers to blow up and argue rather than have an adult conversation. My advice would be to tell her that all this fighting and arguing isn't your style. Tell her that you feel like your relationship with her is unhealthy because you have to hold your tongue about things that concern the both of you. Next time she accuses you of starting an argument, stay calm, don't yell %26amp; let her know that you are simple trying to talk to her in a calm, mature way %26amp; that she is the one yelling and pouting like a child. You have the right to tell her what you think %26amp; you're going to have to make her calm down %26amp; grow up orjust let her continue to yell %26amp; scream %26amp; pout. Don't just shut up about things. Good luck.



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment