Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I want to sell my house with in the next year or two, what kind of things should I do or change?

I live in a 3 BR, 1 B, not very big. We have replaced everything in the bathroom, I will be painting it gray. My LR is a very bold color of green--called "olive grove", I love it, don't want to change it until I absolutely have to. The bedrooms and kitchen have not been painted yet--all will be though. Are there any colors that I can use to keep it nutural but also not so plain while I'm still living here. I have so many cute ideas for my kids bedroom (I watch the DIY channel alot), what can I do to keep it nuetral but also look great for a kid. I bought a shade of blue, kind of baby blue with a touch of grey and the tiniest bit of green--hard to describe, could I use it in my son's BR and not have to repaint later-only one wall-others will be creamy white? What about a girls BR, I'm thinking of taking the leftover green from LR and putting it on lower 1/3 of daughters room, creamy white on top with some kind of stenciling or pattern-maybe flowers, would that be to much? Any ideas?

I want to sell my house with in the next year or two, what kind of things should I do or change?
Think light and bright so daylight and the sun come in. Do not use heavy colors in the rooms. Lowes and Home Depot have a wealth of color chips you can choose from for your room colors. Make sure the colors flow from one room to another. Often homes have a "rainbow" effect from one room to another that looks horrible and is a real turn off to buyers. Clear out clutter. Look at what pieces of furniture, wall pictures etc can be removed to give rooms a larger appearance. Remove many of your "family" pictures. Remember this is going to be the buyers home so let them see it that way. If light fixtures both inside and outside are old or ugly, remove and replace. Are faucets nice looking or leaking? Replace them and modernize if they need it. Make sure under sinks are dry with no leaks. If you are painting the bedrooms do the closets as well. This is a real turn off to see funky paint in a closet. Paint or varnish your front door, get a really nice wreath for the door. some potted plants in really nice pots or one large one by the front door that matches the colors of the wreath. If your mail box is on the house get a new and decorative one. If your front door has a porch, use a throw rug that matches the wreath and plant pots by the front door. Make your home come thru the front door to welcome buyers. Remember, your front door is usually the first thing a buyer sees. When you clear clutter out of the house don't just throw it all in the garage, be organized and neatly stack things in boxes that you have packed away.


VERY IMPORTANT...your buyer may not have small children, or all girls or all boys, they may be retired. We are and I have 4 bedrooms. You may create a great kids room but turn off a buyer with girl or boy room decorations that the buyer wants to use for a office or music room etc. Do not put dark green in a small bedroom as it will make it look small. Remember you are trying to please a buyer here. When you go get paint chips pick up some of the booklets in the paint department showing how to decorate with color only get the more nuetral or natural colors many of which are very warm and welcome looking. You yourself may not like it but then you want to sell it right? Lots of luck to you.



beauty quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment